|The biggest risk a person can take is to not take one at all.
Take More Risks
The great thing about New Year’s resolutions is that you can set new goals to improve yourself. That being said – this year, why don’t you take more risks with your dulcimer playing. Here are just a few ideas.
- Learn to play new tunes.
- Try picking out a tune by ear, instead of relying on your tablature.
- Take a song you already know, and make it your own with a new arrangement.
- Practice with a different tuning on your mountain dulcimer.
- Better yet, buy a second mountain dulcimer, so you can keep one in each tuning.
- Learn a new style of music on your dulcimer, like the “Blues” or “Bluegrass.”
- Play your first solo in front of friends.
- Play your first solo in front of strangers.
- Go to an out-of-town weekend dulcimer festival, and meet other dulcimer players.
- Sign up for private dulcimer lessons. If there’s not a teacher in your area, you can always Skype with one of our instructors.
- Most important of all … have fun with your dulcimer.
You have an entire year – go for it!
If you have any questions, always feel free to ask Steve or myself.